Mommy Makeover in Orlando, FL
Childbirth is an amazing and highly rewarding experience, but pregnancy can sometimes alter a woman’s body in such ways that diet and exercise just can’t fully repair. Located in Orlando, the Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Kendall Peters, MD, FACS, offers a combination of procedures known as the mommy makeover for women who live in Orange County and Central Florida.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Pregnancy has been shown to cause many changes to a woman’s body, including stretch marks, lax muscles, large waistline, sagging breasts, loose flaccid stomach, and other unattractive alterations. The mommy makeover features a combination of cosmetic procedures that are designed to restore a woman’s physique after pregnancy and lactation. Because the mommy makeover is tailored to a woman’s unique needs, the procedure is successful in reversing the physical effects of giving birth.
At the Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, the mommy makeover often consists of:
- Breast Enhancement – Pregnancy and lactation can change the shape and size of the breasts; therefore, Dr. Peters often uses procedures such as breast augmentation, breast lift, and breast reduction to restore a woman’s natural firmness and fullness.
- Tummy Tuck and Mini Tummy Tuck – A tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck are procedures that may eliminate embarrassing imperfections on a woman’s body, such as stretch marks, scars, and sagging. These imperfections may have been caused by a C-section or other surgery. The procedure works by tightening loose skin and underlying muscle while extracting excess fat. The tummy tuck and mini tummy tuck offer satisfying results that are not typically achieved through diet and exercise.
- Liposuction – Women who are looking to improve their body contour may be interested in liposuction, which slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
The mommy makeover is primarily designed to respond to the many changes of a woman’s body from childbirth, pregnancy, and lactation. As a result, Dr. Peters recommends the mommy makeover for many of his female patients.
The advantages of a mommy makeover may include:
- Eliminating pockets of fatty deposits from any region of the body
- Reducing the appearance of loose skin and stretch marks near the stomach
- Restoring volume to sagging breasts
- Enhancing a patient’s natural figure
- Adding firmness to the stomach after pregnancy and childbirth
- Removing fatty deposits from areas of the body, such as the hips, thighs, tummy, and waist
- Creating a flattering and attractive waistline
Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
The mommy makeover is ideal for most adult women who are not pregnant or lactating. The procedure may be of particular interest to healthy women who would like to improve their body by firming the midsection and abdomen. The mommy makeover is sure to result in a youthful appearance. Dr. Peters does not recommend the procedure to women who are planning to have children in the near future.
The Mommy Makeover Procedure
The mommy makeover, highly personalized and customized for every woman, refers to a combination of plastic surgery procedures performed during a surgical appointment. As mentioned above, the options for a mommy makeover at the Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery include breast enhancement procedures, such as breast augmentation, breast lift, and breast reduction, as well as the tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck and liposuction. Together with Dr. Peters, you will be able to determine the perfect combination of procedures to address your specific concerns during a private consultation.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
The mommy makeover may cause mild discomfort, such as soreness and swelling, for a few days after the procedure. In order to mitigate these symptoms, the patient will be given a specialized compression garment that supports the new body shape. The compression garment may also prevent inflammation and eliminate discomfort during the healing process.
How Long Will I Need to Wait Before I See the Results from a Mommy Makeover?
Although results can vary, most women notice an improvement in the shape of their body almost immediately after surgery. The most desirable results appear when the inflammation subsides, and the tissues conform to the new shape.
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost in Orlando?
The mommy makeover is not covered by most health insurance policies. As a result, the Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery offers financing via CareCredit® to make the procedure more affordable. Patients are invited to pay by cash, credit card, or personal check.
For more information about the mommy makeover and how this procedure might benefit you, please contact us to schedule a consultation at our Orlando plastic surgery office. The Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Kendall Peters, MD, FACS, offers the mommy makeover for women who live in Orange County and Central Florida.