in Orlando, FL
Dysport® is a popular alternative to Botox® for smoothing away wrinkles and fines lines. Located in Orlando CPRS Med Spa, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Kendall Peters, MD, FACS, offers Dysport® treatments for men and women who live in Orange County and Central Florida.
How Does Dysport® Work?
Like Botox®, Dysport® works by temporarily relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles with repetitive facial expressions. It blocks nerve signals to targeted muscles, allowing the overlying skin to smooth out. Dysport® is commonly used for improving the appearance of frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet, and other wrinkles.
- Dysport® targets the underlying cause of frown lines and crow’s feet - repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting.
- Dysport® is injected into these muscles to temporarily reduce muscle activity.
- After Dysport®, you’ll notice a smoothing of facial wrinkles.
What are the Benefits of Dysport®?
Dysport® offers numerous benefits that include:
- Effective wrinkle reduction that starts working quickly
- Results last 3-4 months on average
- Smooths wrinkles and fine lines for a more youthful, refreshed appearance
- Takes just minutes to complete with no downtime required
What is the Difference Between Dysport® and Botox®?
Dysport® stands out from Botox® and other neuromodulators because it starts working faster, often with subtle improvements visible in just 2-3 days. It also spreads slightly more than Botox® which can be advantageous in certain areas. Dysport® contains smaller protein molecules that help it take effect rapidly.
Who is a Candidate for Dysport®?
- In order to get the most out of your Dysport® treatment, you should first have a facial analysis done by Dr. DePerro.
- Do men receive Dysport® treatments? Absolutely! Every year the percentage of male patients getting Dysport® treatments increases.
Does a Dysport® Treatment Hurt?
Most patients report that being injected with Dysport® feels like a small pinch. Overall, the vast majority of patients say that the pain is minimal and only lasts for a minute or two while we are injecting you.
How is Dysport® Performed?
We will will ensure that you are comfortable before injecting Dysport® into your facial wrinkles. Dysport® is given during an in-office visit. The injection process usually takes about 10 minutes. We will give you a series of injections into the dynamic wrinkles on your forehead and face at each treatment session. You should be able to resume your normal daily activities, but some patients have mild bruising for a day or two, so keep your social plans and work commitments in mind when scheduling your treatment. After your treatment, you will be given a cold pack to apply to the treatment area for a few minutes. This should help minimize any swelling that may develop.
How Long is the Recovery Time After Treatment?
After your Dysport® treatment, you can resume your day immediately. The only restriction is that we ask that you don’t do any strenuous physical activity or go to the gym for the remainder of the day. This helps prevent bruising. The next morning you can resume normal activities and exercise.
CPRS Med Spa offers Dysport for men and women who live in the Orlando, Orange County and Central Florida area. To learn more about Dysport®, contact us to schedule a consultation.